Composites & Hybrid Warranty
1. Warranty Period & Scope
Subject to the terms and conditions further defined herein, the Aurum Group of laboratories warranties each Composite and Hybrid Composite (the "Restorations") it fabricates to be free from defects in material or craftsmanship for the following periods:
- All single Composite and Hybrid Composite restorations will be warranted for TWO (2) YEARS against defects in material or craftsmanship from date of placement.
- Composite bridges are covered to a maximum of THREE (3) UNITS.
If the Restorations we fabricate have defects in materials or craftsmanship within Warranty period, then we will, at our option, remake the Restoration at no additional charge, or refund the original amount paid. All replacements will be comparable to those used in the original restorative procedure completed by us.
2. Eligibility and Claim Procedure
This Composite & Hybrid Composite Warranty is contingent on the following conditions:
- Aurum Group supplied Restoration(s) sold to, and inserted by, a licensed, practicing dentist in a clinical setting. All indications/contraindications observed.
- Oral hygiene and regular maintenance by the patient.
- All procedures using the Composites and/or Hybrid Composites performed in accordance with our protocols, guidelines and instructions, as well as generally accepted dental practices.
- All claims under this Warranty must be made within 60 days from the date the defect was first discovered and must be accompanied with the written cause of the claim, the name of the patient, and the date of the manufacture of the Restoration.
- Original Restoration must be returned to us with a new pick-up impression and opposing model
- We reserve the right to disallow a claim under this Warranty if payment for the original Restoration has not been made.
3. Warranty Exclusions
The remedies provided herein are the eligible treating dentist's sole and exclusive remedies, and are not transferable. Cost incurred for removal or reinsertion, are not covered by this Warranty. We do not give cash refunds, and the amount of this Warranty is limited to the amount of the original invoice. No alterations or changes to the original prescription are allowed and only one repair or remake per Restoration is covered by this Warranty.
This Warranty does not apply to bonding failures. Cases where failure occurs due to debonding and poor occlusion are not considered to be the result of our inferior materials or craftsmanship. This Warranty does not cover cases where a reduction coping is requested by the dentist. It does not apply where there is breakage due to trauma, accident, neglect or abuse, or failure of supporting bone, tooth or tissue structure, failure as a result of a physical or other external effect or undue stress (e.g., CMD - Craniomandibular dysfunction), and where the Restoration is inserted or fixed merely as a temporary restoration and/or flaking or chipping occurs at the margin area during removal. This Warranty does not cover cases where a reduction coping is requested by the dentist.
This Warranty also does not apply to any part of a Restoration that has been, altered, repaired, or misused in any way that, in the opinion of the Aurum Group, would affect the reliability or detracts from the performance of any part of the Restoration.
We do not guarantee the performance of independent carriers.
5. Modification or Withdrawal of Warranty
This Warranty may not be modified by any agent, employee or representative of the Aurum Group, and we reserve the right to modify or withdraw this Warranty at any time without notice. Modification or withdrawal of this Warranty will not affect warranty benefits for Restorations that are placed prior to the effective date of the modification or withdrawal.
6. Effective Date
This Warranty applies to Composite and Hybrid Composite Restorations placed after March 1, 2013.
7. General Limitations on the Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS EXHAUSTIVE OF ALL OTHER REMEDIES. EXCEPTING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HERE IN THIS WARRANTY, THE AURUM GROUP, NOR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUBSIDIARIES, OR AFFILIATES, MAKE ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR COVENANTS, OR OTHER UNDERTAKING, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AS TO DURABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE OR PURPOSE, SUCCESSFUL INTEGRATION, SUITABILITY, OR FUNCTIONALITY. FURTHERMORE, EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, THE AURUM GROUP ITS AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES, INDEPENDENTLY AND COLLECTIVELY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY REGARDING LOST EARNINGS, INCOMES OR PROFITS, FAILURE BY THE TREATING DENTISTS TO CONFORM TO GENERALLY ACCEPTED DENTAL PRACTICES, AS WELL AS ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, LIQUIDATED OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, RESULTING OR ARISING FROM EITHER THE MANUFACTURE, CONSTITUTION, DESIGN, USE, INCLUDING THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR FUNCTION OF THE RESTORATIONS.